We are looking for a skilled Java developer to join our Brno-based team to build complex web applications that drive growth for our UK clients.
At Sprint, you will play a key role in contributing to the success of new, innovative projects in multiple industries, including finance, property and business services.
The results from your work will be enjoyed by thousands of users in the UK and beyond – helping people buy a home, get a job, or even learn to play football. We choose to work on the most exciting, ambitious and technically challenging projects and we thrive on fostering their success.
As a Sprint backend developer, you will play a pivotal role in the architecture, build, deployment and maintenance of Java backends on these projects. In no time at all you’ll see your work having a huge impact for real people every day.
Our backends are built in Java EE using Spring and Hibernate frameworks on the Google Cloud Platform, with our frontends built in Angular.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing business automation and app back-ends for UK and international clients
- Architecting creative and original solutions as well as supporting the end to end delivery, including the release and support of those already in production
- Being apart from a small but brilliant team, working with the product owner and front-end developers to bring your solutions to life
- Develop using the agile-scrum development methodology
- Involvement with technical architecture using Java Cloud Platform technologies
- Working in a start-up environment where your thoughts and ideas can be brought to life and any contributions you make are appreciated and rewarded/li>
Your ideal qualities
- Keen to work in a small team and startup environment
- Experience with Java EE programming
- Enjoy coding with focus on clean code
- Analytical, creative and responsible
- Proficient in English
- Enthusiasm for working in and start up culture, working independently but also collaborating where necessary
- Independent worker familiar with working in Agile Scrum methodology, able to manage their workload and communicate unexpected changes or delays effectively
- Experience with Java frameworks like Hibernate or Spring, Relational databases, Git, Knowledge IDI, Google Cloud Platform, Angular, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of both Java and Angular
What we offer
- A pleasant working environment in Soho, London with Brewdog beer on tap and refreshments
- A competitive salary with sporadic bonuses
- Possibility of training
- Occasional international travel
- MacBook Pro
- As a startup business, there is potential to influence the future of the business with your ideas and grow with us
About Sprint Innovations
Sprint Innovations is a small team of developers and innovators based in London and Czech Republic who are creating exciting software products for fantastic clients. We are lucky enough to be working on exciting world-first projects at the forefront of their industries.
Join us to help make an impact on the world with software …